Friday, February 10, 2012

If I could eat a website....

Pinterest hit the Carver house again tonight!  This was the meal that Joe picked for this week off of my Pinterest boards.  It was super simple to make and turned out soooo delicious!  When we were done eating...and Joe  had gone back for a third helping...he said, "If I could eat a website, I would eat Pinterest".   Haha!!

Cheesy Chicken Lasagna - click HERE to get the recipe from the What's For Dinner? Blog

I used Tyson Frozen Cooked Diced Chicken Breast, and that took out over half the time it took to prepare the meal.  It worked out great and tasted spectacular.


In the recipe it says that you need to simmer the sauce for about 25 minutes, but because I used the frozen chicken I simmered it for about 35 minutes.  The sauce is two cans of evaporated milk and a packet of ranch dressing mix, add the chicken and simmer until it thickens slightly.


Make sure you butter your pan really good so that your noodles don't stick.  You will layer noodles, then chicken mix, then half a bag of each cheddar and mozzarella cheese...twice.



Bake at 350 for 35 - 40 minutes and then let sit for 10 minutes before serving.  YUMMY!  I didn't even have to add extra cheese to the recipe (which I usually do to appease Joe - the cheese monster).





No comments:

Post a Comment