Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Little Pinterest Going on the Carver House

So we all know that I love me some Pinterest. :)  I have been working on a couple of things over the last couple of weeks from Pinterest and they have all turned out pretty good.
First - I found this copycat recipe for the Chili's White Chocolate Molten Cake that Joe could eat his weight in.  I am not usually a fan of white chocolate, and I really don't much care for this dessert at Chili's, but I must admit that this was DELICIOUS!  It was also easy to freeze the cupcakes, and just mix a little of the cream sauce just when you needed it.


You can get the recipe for this little piece of deliciousness HERE at the Eat Cake For Dinner Blog.


Second - I wanted to try to make something that could be easily tossed into our bags on the way out the door to work.  Neither Joe nor I eat breakfast, and I know it is important, so I tried out these little oatmeal muffins.  They turned out ok.  They do freeze nicely and they thaw nicely if you put them in the fridge the night before.  I wasn't a huge fan of the texture, and I would add something sweeter to the mixture because the flavor was pretty bland.  Oh well, at least I tried. :)



You can get the recipe for these oatmeal muffins HERE at the Sugar Free Mom Blog.


Finally - This was my favorite project of the past few from Pinterest.  After reflecting on a lot of things lately, Joe and I are wanting to eat more clean, green, and holistic.  We are taking baby steps towards change, and our first step was our little mini herb garden.  I made this in a couple of hours, taking the most time to make the wood look antique.  We get a lot of light in a kitchen window, so this was the perfect place to hang it.  I actually used some of my fresh mint in my water yesterday!!




You can find the directions for putting together your own mini-herb garden HERE on the Camille Styles Blog.


One little extra - This last little treat turned out even better than I expected.  This idea didn't come from Pinterest, but instead from my best-friend's mom.  I took chocolate graham crackers and made sandwiches with fat-free cool whip.  They are only 1 point on Weight Watchers.  I wrapped them up and put them in the freezer for a yummy afternoon treat just in time for this heat wave. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment