Monday, May 28, 2012

Saucy Orange Pork Chops

I will admit that I am always on the hunt for pork chop recipes that I will actually eat.  I am not a fan of pork chops but I know that their white meat is healthier than eating red meat everyday.  And even though I would be fine with just eating a meal of veggies, the hubs thinks that we absolutely MUST have meat at dinner.  So when I came across this recipe I thought it sounded yummy.  I like anything with a citrus flavor.  I must say that they lived up to my thoughts.  So tender, juicy, and full of flavor!


Ingredients:sopc1
  • 1 lb boneless pork loin chops
  • 1/4 t salt
  • 1/4 t pepper 
  • 1 1/2 T oil – divided
  • 1/2 medium onion, diced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/3 c orange juice
  • 1/2 c BBQ sauce (a mild flavor)
Season pork chops with salt and pepper.  Heat 1T oil in skillet; brown chops 1 – 2 minutes per side and transfer to a plate.

 sopc2

Add remaining oil to skillet.  Add the onion and cook 3 – 4 minutes until soft.  Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds.  Add orange juice and cook until most of the liquid evaporates (about 1 minute).

 sopc3

Stir in BBQ sauce and return pork chops to the pan, turning the meat to coat it.  Transfer meat and sauce to an oven safe dish (you can just use your pan if it is oven-safe).  Bake at 400 for 6 – 10 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 145 degrees.

sopc4

sopc5

No comments:

Post a Comment