Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Apple Week ~ Simple Apple Crisp

Apple week 2012_thumb[1]

Welcome back to day four of Apple Week. We are spending the week sharing many of the recipes we made from all of our Apple Farm Pickings.

Today I want to share a super yummy apple cobbler/crisp recipe with you.  I started by picking out the prettiest of my tart apples, peeling, coring, and slicing them very thin on the mandolin.

ac1

Then I started layering…

1.  Combine 1 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and a dash of salt, then sprinkle it over the apples.

2.  Drizzle apples with 1/4 cup of water.

3.  Combine 1 box of yellow cake mix, 3/4 cup oats, 1/3 cup butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, then sprinkle it over the apples.

ac2

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 – 50 minutes, or until your topping is browned. 

ac3

I suggest you serve it warm with some vanilla ice cream on top!

ac4

No comments:

Post a Comment