Monday, May 14, 2012

A Sweet Little Momma

Since Mother's Day was yesterday, this little sweet momma mourning dove turned up with perfect timing.  I came home the other day and a bird flew out of our freshly planted baby geranium plants. 


I had a sweet little bird family that lived in these hanging pots at the other house and I never could plant anything in them for fear of disturbing the bird family.  I was hoping maybe my bird friend that flew out today was just stopping by for a rest, so I peeked into the hanging pot and what did I spy....


One sweet little baby bird egg just waiting on his momma!  Oh man, I really need to water my freshly planted geraniums, but I guess that will have to wait.  I will just have to let these wither away and plant new ones in a few weeks because there is no way I am messing up this sweet little bird family and their home.

Momma bird is super protective and spends a lot of time chasing off other birds and neighborhood cats, but I did catch her being the good momma that she is and sitting on her sweet little nest.  Do you see her?



Hopefully in the next few weeks I can update you with some sweet baby birdy pics!

1 comment: