Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Perfect Find for a Finishing Touch

Do you remember those beautiful old stair banisters that we picked up at the Antique Fair this past weekend?


Well we were looking for some wall sconces to go with our "Faith" sign we made last week for our living room, and were having no luck.  I loved my sign, but we needed something to complement it on either side.  Our sweet friend Dennis pointed out a bucket full of these beautiful old stair banisters and Joe immediately had a vision (he is so good at that).  We bought six banisters (leaving only one sad little banister behind) and Joe got right to work on bringing his vision to life. He put together three of the banisters with wood glue, a piece of shimming wood, and some screws.  He attached a hook to the back and hung them next to the "Faith" sign.  I love the final look!


On a side note - you probably noticed I was playing around with some fun editing of my pictures (sometimes blog pictures are so boring).  I used Pixlr.com and it was awesome!  So simple and some cool effects!  After I used the web-based software for a few pictures I fell in love and downloaded it to my desktop.  Try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment