Saturday, June 16, 2012

Super Simple Summer Dog Treats

The pups spend a lot of time outside playing during the summer and I am always trying to give them things to cool them off and keep them occupied.  I don’t remember where I heard this simple little tip, but I will say that the girls give it two paws up.

All you need to do is take your pups favorite treats, break them up, and put a small piece in each section of an ice cube tray (yes, my dogs have their own ice cube tray just for making dog treats).

ssdt1

Fill the rest of the space in with water and put in the freezer overnight to freeze thoroughly.

ssdt3

The girls have a hard time waiting for the treats to freeze. :)

ssdt2

Once frozen, I usually just pop them out and put them in a large freezer bag for easy grabbing on a hot day. Another tip that makes these little treats extra special is if you have any sort of sauce or gravy left over from your meals, add a dollop to each space before filling with water.  Or even better is to use chicken or beef broth (low sodium please) instead of water!  Your dogs will thank you!

ssdt5

No comments:

Post a Comment