Monday, July 30, 2012

Mini-Wooden Flag

I have one more little patriotic touch to share with you that you first noticed on my Patriotic Front Porch Reveal.  I love this simple little wooden flag and think it added the perfect little touch to my side table on the front porch for the month of July.

wf6

Are you wanting a small patriotic piece for your house?  It is super easy to create! 

1.  Have the hubs cut some scrap wood into the sizes you desire for your piece. :0)   Paint a blue square and some red & white stripes.  I laid out my blocks before I started to make sure I knew what color to paint each block.

wf1 wf2

2.  Stencil your star(s) onto your blue block.

wf3

3.  Glue your pieces together.  Wood glue would work better than hot glue, but I was in a hurry and needed it to dry fast!  At the end of the  month I will take it apart and re-glue with wood glue to make sure it holds up for years to come.

wf4

4. Glue a yarn, ribbon, rope, or jute around the perimeter of your shape to help hold it together and give it a little touch of softness.  Then all there is left is to display and enjoy!

wf5

No comments:

Post a Comment