Monday, July 9, 2012

Time for a Change Mini Post

I just wanted to stop in and say that I have not had one sip of sugary drinks (fruit juice or soda!) since my first post!!  (that is 9 days if you are counting ~ how long do you have to do something until it is a habit??) Anyways, I wanted to share with you a little motivational tool I am using to capture my weight loss goals.

I originally saw something similar to this on Pinterest with vases and glass stones, but I didn’t want to go out and purchase anything so I just used things I already had around the house.  I used two mason jars, some chalkboard labels that I had left over from Christmas, some twine, and I finally found a use for Joe’s marble collection from his childhood. :0)  I counted out the marbles for my overall weight loss goal and put them in the “lbs to loose” jar, each week when I weigh myself I move the correct amount of pounds (aka marbles) to the “lbs lost” jar. 

pounds

Once I reach “ZERO” marbles in the “lbs to lose” jar, I will treat myself to a special reward.  I actually have a pyramid of rewards to help keep me motivated.

5 lbs – Starbucks re-usable cup (for my flavored waters, but I can dream it is a frappuccino ;0)

10 lbs - pedicure

15 lbs – new book (I know, I am a dork :0)

20 lbs – A new pair of tennis shoes

25 lbs – Mani-pedi combo

30 lbs – 1 hour Massage

35 lbs – A new pair of Toms (red!!)

40 lbs – New dress from Shabby Apple

45 lbs - Intimacy Bra Fitting and New Bra

50 lbs – Beach Comber Bike

I hope that with posting my goals on the blog, my motivational jars, and my reward goals that I might just be able to stick to it….fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment