Saturday, July 28, 2012

Patriotic Wreath

Thank you all for your opinions on which patriotic wreath I should make for the front porch.  I ended up doing a twist on the ribbon/rope wreath.  This wreath was super quick and easy and I love it!

I started by tying small lengths of ribbon around the bottom half of the wreath.  I bought a wooden wreath from Wal-Mart because it was only $2, I think I would have preferred a round foam wreath….but we made it work. :0)  There was no rhyme or reason to where I put the ribbons, other than I didn’t want the same color too close together.  No fancy bows, just knotted it and moved on.  My only goal was to cover all of the wood.

pw1

Next I used this craft cord to cover the top part of the wreath.  I used hot glue to hold down the cord on about every fifth time I pulled it around.   Again…I was just trying to cover the wood the best I could.

pw2 pw3

Finally I added a ribbon on the back to hold the wreath, my wooden letter, and a small ribbon to hide a spot of wood that I had missed.  Hang and enjoy!

pw5

No comments:

Post a Comment