Saturday, July 21, 2012

For the Love of Pinterest ~ Homemade Weed Killer

For our second post in the “For the Love of Pinterest” series, I am soooo excited about our homemade weed killer.  I have really been on a kick lately looking for natural ways to clean and work in the yard.  I especially don’t want to harm the two pups with any kind of pesticides, so when I saw this on Pinterest I knew it was worth a try.
I pinned the original post written by Rebecca at Camp Wander.  Head over and read her post to see her success with the Vinegar Weed Killer.

Let me just tell you that this works wonders!!  Really!!  I give this pin two thumbs and 4 paws up!

wk

I mixed up Rebecca’s recommendation of 4 cups of APPLE CIDER VINEGAR and 1 teaspoon of dish soap (not Dawn).  The dish soap is imperative to hold the vinegar on the leaves of the weeds.  I also used Rebecca’s recommendation of spraying your weeds on a hot, sunny day.  I am telling you that I was AMAZED!

Below are three different weeds that I attacked in the yard.  Sorry some of the pics are blurry, but I think you will be able to get the idea.  I took a before, a 2 hours after, and a 24 hours after picture so you could see how fast this natural week killer works.

weed 1

weed 2

weed3

By the third day all three of these weeds were completely GONE!  Be careful because it will kill your grass and plants too, but as long as you spray carefully you will be so happy with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment