Saturday, July 7, 2012

For the Love of Pinterest ~ Bubble Bath

You all know that I love Pinterest!  I don’t spend quite as much time on there as I used to, but I at least check in once a week to see what new tips, tricks, and ideas I can pin.  I have actually noticed a lot of little things that I learned from Pinterest that are now just part of our everyday life.  I am going to start a series (probably by-weekly) with a post about something I have tried off of Pinterest.  Sometimes it will be successes, and sometimes failures.  Maybe if it is something you have pinned that you just haven’t gotten around to trying, I will save you the time to tell you if it is really as good as it sounds. :0)

To start our series, there is nothing better than my homemade bubble bath!  I like to soak in a nice hot bubble bath at least once a week to de-stressed and I use this homemade bubble bath every single time!  It has never failed me!  The best part is that you can make it from ingredients that you will always have on hand…you will never be out of bubble bath…so go ahead and start running the hot water…. :0)

bubble bath

I got the cute little container at the craft store :0) but you can store it in something as simple as a Tupperware container or a mason jar (which I think is cute too).

Recipe:

Homemade Bubble Bath

1/2 cup shampoo
3/4 cup water
1/4 teas. table salt

In a bowl, mix the shampoo and water until well combined. Add salt and stir until it thickens slightly. Use a funnel to pour it into a bottle.

And that’s it!

This bubble bath costs pennies to make and makes a wonderful gift or stocking stuffer.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!  2Teachers2Dogs gives it 4 thumbs and 8 paws up! :0)

Original Link to Homemade Bubble Bath:  http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/homemade-birthday-gift

No comments:

Post a Comment