Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cheap Sweetness ~ A Flashback

Do you remember those sweet mixed-tapes that your letter-jacket-wearing-boyfriend would make for you back in the day?  They were always so sweet with all the mushy love songs that would make you cry and tell all your girlfriends about what an awesome guy you had and would never let go…

AttributionNoncommercialNo Derivative WorksPhoto (some rights reserved) by Ani-Bee

Well, I decided to try a much more up-to-date version of the  mixed tape to show the hubs how amazing he is to me.  I started by jumping over to YouTube and hunting down some of those classic songs that remind me of the Hubs.

Here is my final playlist – I tried to make the final playlist about 30 minutes long to last for the duration of his ride to work.

image

How did you get these songs off YouTube and saved as an MP3, you ask??  Well, I found this post on Pinterest and thought it was too good to be true….but it really worked!!

144748575494072161_gGqea6gk_b[1]

Um…THANK YOU weandseredipity.blogspot.com!  I am not sure if it is totally ethical or not, but I am not selling or even handing out the songs, I am only using them for this one little purpose of cheering up my hubby.  If I am wrong, I will come back and take down this post quickly…but until then….

So once I had all my MP3’s on a flash drive (because our new Kia accepts flash drive content – whoop whoop!) I had to find the perfect time to sneak down and get the car all set up.

IMG_2430

I put the flash drive in place and set the car on the USB-flash drive mode, so that as soon as Hubs turned on the car, the songs would start playing.

IMG_2433

Then I put this sweet little note on the wheel so he knew why his typical morning playlist had been sabotaged! Smile 

IMG_2432

Capture

I can imagine the smile on his face as he thinks about all these songs and where we were, what we were doing, and the memories we were making the first time we heard them together.

$$$ Cost of this cheap sweetness – nada, zilch, ZERO dollars!  Gotta Love it!

Update:  If I had known that the flash drive content would show up on his radio monitor with the words exactly how I saved it, I would have tried to think of something sweet, cute, or a memory to save each song as so that it would show up on his screen as the song played.  Just one more little touch to make it more personal.  Unfortunately, I was setting this up at the last minute.  Oh well, I will save it for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment