Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Make-ahead Breakfast for a Teacher on the Go!

Hubs doesn’t normally eat breakfast….and it makes me so sad!  I want him to have the best nutrition possible and eat a balanced healthy meal whenever possible.  So, out of necessity I spent a weekend afternoon creating a breakfast I could freeze and Hubs could just grab on his way out the door.

egg5

Ingredients:

  • 6 – 12 eggs
  • “omelet-like” ingredients
  • cheese of your choice
  • pre-made biscuits
  • well-greased muffin tin

Hubs only likes meat and cheese…really… :0)  So I made him these bacon egg and cheese grab-n-go biscuits, but would add onion, pepper, or even some fresh basil to mine.  Anything you would put in an omelet you can add to these egg-cups.

I started by frying up some bacon and greasing up my regular-sized muffin tins (with butter).

egg 1

egg2

I mixed up my eggs (1 for each muffin cup) with a little milk and some salt and pepper.  This is where I would add in the “omelet-like” ingredients, but since I was only adding bacon, I just sprinkled it on top after dividing the egg mixture evenly between the muffin tins.

egg3

egg4

I cooked my eggs at 375o for 15 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).  At this point you could wrap your eggs and freeze them, or do like I did and go ahead and assemble the biscuits.  I wrapped each biscuit in plastic wrap and then put them in freezer bags.  Hubs can pull one out, microwave for 30 seconds, and be on his way with a hot, healthy, home-made meal…and a happy wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment