Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fall Bucket List ~ Yummy Pumpkin Recipe

Yep – we are still working on that Fall Bucket List at the Carver house :0).  I have a guilty pleasure and it is pumpkin!  I love just about ANYTHING with pumpkin in it.  It just screams fall to me.  So of course I had “make a yummy pumpkin recipe” on the bucket list.

Capture

As I was on the hunt for something new and different to make with pumpkin this year, I got a blog post in my GoogleReader from My Blessed Life.  I love all of Myra’s recipes and her project gallery always gets my creative mo-jo going, that’s why I subscribe to her blog.  Anyways, she has this awesome recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and I figured I would give them a try.  They turned out soooo delicious!  Hubs and Dad ate them up like they were going out of style :0).

IMG_2634

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Original Recipe from My Blessed Life

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup
mini chocolate chips

In a medium bowl, combine first four ingredients; set aside. In a large bowl, cream sugars and butter. Add egg, vanilla and pumpkin; beat well. Gradually mix in flour mixture on low speed of mixer. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on wire racks and store in an airtight container.

Special Additional Note:  You only use a small amount of a can of pumpkin to make this recipe.  If you have a dog around your house, did you know that pumpkin is good for them?!  They love it too!  It helps regulate their bowels and is good for their tummy.  Harley and Willow finished off our can of pumpkin for us, one spoonful per day. :0)  ** Just make sure it is PURE pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie filling. **

IMG_2407

No comments:

Post a Comment