Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fall Bucket List ~ Petite Le Mans

Capture

Yep, here comes one more bucket list post :0).  Every year, for the past 14 years, I have gone to the Petite Le Mans 10 hour race at Road Atlanta...And this year was no exception.  For those of you that don’t know, I spent pretty much my entire childhood at Road Atlanta.  My dad raced, my mom worked rescue, and my grandfather ran the radios at each race.  I loved being at the track, learning about the cars from my dad, learning the hand signals and meaning of all the flags from the rescue workers, and being grandpa’s little helper.  This is all a true story. :0)  I am glad that my Hubs has a love and passion for cars too (honestly, I am glad he doesn’t race, because that would tear my nerves up) and that we can share this love together.

Two years ago we lost my amazing grandpa to cancer, and every weekend, when the wind blows just right, and we can hear the race cars from Road Atlanta, I feel like it is really grandpa’s whispers from heaven.  That year we lost him, I almost couldn’t go to the track for the Petite, but I did and it rained the entire time.  It was the worst weather of all 15 years.  Last year it was incredibly cold and I got sick…so I only went for the first half of the day.  But this year, dad was in town, the weather was perfect, and I took a personal day to enjoy the race.  Year 15 was the best year so far!

I hope you enjoy the pictures!

Blog Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment