Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Weekends Full of Weddings

We are so blessed to have so many amazing friends.  In the past two weekends we have gotten all dressed up to attend the weddings of two of Hub’s dearest friends.

wedding6wedding7

For both wedding couples we wanted to give them a heartfelt gift that had special meaning.  I made these personalized gifts for our friends, and loved how they turned out so much that I plan on making one for our home too!

I grabbed a 11x14 frame from the store with a 8x10 matte.

wedding1

I used the canvas from some painter’s drop cloth, and projected an image I had created on my computer. 

Holly wedding giftKern wedding gift

I used my trusty old Sharpie marker to trace my design onto the canvas.

wedding3

Finally, I trimmed the canvas and placed it in the frame.  I am in love with the final look.

wedding5wedding4

Both the Dunahoo and Kern weddings were so beautiful and perfectly suited for each sweet couple.  We had a blast at both wedding celebrations and feel so blessed to have been a part of these special days.  Hubs and I wish these newlyweds all the best!

PS - I just had to add this pic of Hubs getting ready…isn’t he so handsome? ;0)

wedding9

1 comment:

  1. by far my favorite gift! thanks so much for making it to our wedding!

    ReplyDelete