Saturday, August 4, 2012

For the Love of Pinterest ~ Lemon Sugar Scrub

If you haven’t tried this one already, let me tell you that you absolutely MUST make it today!!  This pin started out as a gift idea, but once I tried it myself I was hooked.  Just like the bubble bath, I keep a jar of this lemon sugar scrub by my tub and use it almost daily.  My favorite use is to rub my legs down with it after a shave and it leaves my legs silky smooth!!  Joe has even used it to scrub his hands after working on the car and mentioned that it works as good as his Go-Joe mechanic’s hand cleaner.  It makes a beautiful, cheap, easy gift for teachers, neighbors, or even mom!  It is great for the guest bathroom, by the kitchen sink, or by your bathtub.  The best part is that it even stays fresh for a long time and looks absolutely beautiful in a mason jar!  Try it out today!!

All you need is 2 1/2 cups of sugar, 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil, and lemon juice (or essential oils – which I like better), and a glass container that has a sealing lid. Mix it all together and spoon it into your mason jar.  Add a few personal touches like a personalized tag, and you are ready to gift it or use it yourself.

Here is the original blog where I pinned this recipe: http://www.bystephanielynn.com/2010/05/lemon-sugar-hand-scrub-for-mom.html

lemonscrub

No comments:

Post a Comment