Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sanding and Painting

On Friday I showed you our new little project chair.  After we took apart the chair, and Joe stabilized it, I worked on prepping it for paint.  There were a lot of scratches, nicks, and dings, so it took a little work.

sand and paint

I used fine grit sandpaper to rough up all the surfaces of the chair.  It was important to make sure all the small grooves were taken care of.

sand and paint 2

After everything was sanded, I blew off the dust with the air compressor and then I wiped the whole chair down with a tack cloth to make sure there was absolutely NO dust left on the frame.

sand and paint 5

Finally, Joe got out the air sprayer and put a couple coats of black furniture paint on the frame.

sand and paint 3

Come back on Wednesday to see how I reupholstered the seat and get a good look at the finished project!

No comments:

Post a Comment