Thursday, August 9, 2012

What is a Virtual Assistant?

If you remember reading my post about “Why I Blog”, you know that I mentioned  I would like to bring in a small income from blogging some day.  Well that blog post initiated a great business meeting (the best!!) that resulted in me becoming a virtual assistant.  I am super excited about this work, especially because it means I get to work more closely with a dear friend!

Wikipedia defines a virtual assistant as “A virtual assistant (typically abbreviated to VA, also called a virtual office assistant) is generally self-employed and provides professional administrative, technical, or creative (social) assistance to clients from a home office.

This is a pretty good definition of what I will be doing.  I will be working on creating and managing a blog for WISE EdServices, as well as getting the blog information out onto public platforms such as Facebook and Pinterest.  Hopefully the job requirements will continue to grow as the business grows. 

I am super excited about this opportunity and so incredibly grateful to Amy for giving me this amazing opportunity.

So anyways, I just have to tell you about this amazing business meeting.  Since Amy lives in Alexandria VA, and I live in Gainesville GA, we met halfway in North Carolina at the Ferrington Spa and Inn.


We enjoyed an amazing 5 star 3-course dinner that was so delicious and also kept us at the dinner table long enough to not only discuss the virtual assistant position, but also family and life. Did I mention that Amy is one of my best friends?  It was so nice to have some girl time during this meeting to catch up.  We don’t see each other nearly enough.  The absolute best part about dinner was the Hot Chocolate Soufflé – O. M. G.!! 


We spent some time at the little shops on the property, McIntire Books and Dovecoat.  There is nothing better than a small town bookstore!  I picked up this beautiful little Lab to add to our decor at home, some amazing hand soap, and a new book.

dovecoat
 





































We finished up our business meeting with a wonderful night’s stay at the Ferrington Inn and then facials at the Ferrington Spa the next morning before driving home.

So what is a virtual assistant?  Someone who gets lucky enough to work with their best friend and have incredible business meetings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment