Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Quickie

Get your mind out of the gutter :0)  I came home this afternoon and decided that I was  fed up with fighting the heat from the direct evening sun into the back of the house.  I absolutely LOVE all my windows, but this summer has proven that although they are beautiful, they allow that pesky sun to heat of the house.  While Joe went out and bought light-eliminating blinds for our bedroom windows (we only had sheer curtains on them), I grabbed my tape measure, a painter’s drop cloth, and my sewing machine and worked up a quickie of a project.

curtains 1

In less than 30 minutes  I whipped up a curtain for the back door, and a mini curtain for over the kitchen sink.  This tied the kitchen area together and blocked out the direct sun from the back yard (which shines in from about 12:00 – 7:00 pm every day!).  Oh yeah…and Joe picked me up some magnetic curtain rods for the back door while he was out….those things are STOUT!

curtain 2

(sorry for the dark pic…guess the light blocking is working :0)

curtain 3

I know they aren’t fancy, but they serve their purpose.  Also, I will probably take them down when the cold months approach because I will actually enjoy the sun heating up the place…and helping out the gas bill. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment