Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Two-Dog Paw-ty!

invitation

I can’t believe that my sweet little brown puppy is now a big chocolate horse!  Willow is our full-of-life perfect chocolate lab and we love her more and more each day. My baby turned 2 today!  TWO – I can’t believe it!! I really don’t know what I would do without her unconditional love, her slobbery kisses, her goofy wiggle/walk, and her always-waging tail that knocks everything off the coffee table.    This image below is the first time we met our pup and the moment Willow stole my heart! (1 1/2 weeks old)

First Visit with Willow 9-23 Ten Days Old (2) 

And here is mommy’s big girl today!  Such a beauty!!

IMG_1779

On the same token, our little baby is turning a year old (well we guess…).  Harley has been such a blessing to our family.  As we were contemplating getting another puppy to play with Willow, God put Harley right in our hands.  She was tossed out as a tiny puppy and a sweet co-worker rescued her and her brother (hence the guesstimate on her birth date).  I deleted the “please help – puppy’s need a home” e-mail multiple times, and then one day I just opened it and took at peek at the picture.  There was no turning back!  Joe and I both fell in love with all those speckles and spots.  The day we brought her home, she stole a piece of our hearts forever.  She is such a smart, sweet, and super-loving dog.  She keeps Willow on her toes and when she cuts her eyes at me I can’t help but laugh.  And from the picture below, you can tell that she stole her daddy’s heart right away!

DSC_7476

And here is the mischievous little Daddy’s girl today!  Love her!

editedIMG_0120

So, even if you aren’t a pet lover (and I respect your opinion, but this blog is called 2Teachers2Dogs ;0) you can’t deny that Hubs and I love our babies!  Yes, they cause some stress sometimes with muddy paws, chewed up dog beds, and dog hair everywhere, but I wouldn’t trade their love for anything!

So, because we love them so much,  we threw the girls a birthday paw-ty!  They were such good sports!  I mean, come on….are they not the cutest!?!

IMG_1907

I even made them their very own special doggy Pup-Cakes!!  I will share the recipe with you very soon!

IMG_1877IMG_1885IMG_1893IMG_1894

Happy Birthday Willow and Harley!

No comments:

Post a Comment