Sunday, September 2, 2012

Guess Where We Went Today?

apple1

Yep, we went apple picking!!  This was the first thing I had listed on my Fall Bucket List (which I will share with you in a few days), and I was excited to get it checked off the list.  Fall is by far my favorite season and apple picking has been a recent addition to my must-do fall list.

We were joined by my sweet Sister-in-law and her awesome family! 

apples2

We got there early (before the heat set in) and had the orchards pretty much to ourselves.  There was still dew on the apples!

apples 7

The apples were perfect for picking (and tasting), and we filled our bags to the brim!  We were lugging our over-full bags back to the car just as the sun peeked it’s way out from behind the clouds and started heating up the day.

  apples5 apples3apples 6

Of course we stopped by the shop and picked up a gallon of cider and Joe’s favorite fried apple pies. 

apple 8

I can’t wait to try all my apple recipes!  Here is a sneak peek of the deliciousness that these apples will be creating this month!

apple

1.  Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese Muffins

2. Cinnamon Apple Butter

3.  Cinnamon Apple Crisp

4.  Brown Sugar Apple Chips

5.  Apple & Oats Dog Cookies

6.  Apple Cobbler Cookies

7.  Crock Pot Apple Sauce

Oh mercy, I can already smell the apples and cinnamon!  I can’t wait to let these apples fill my house with the smell of fall!!  Now if we could only get the weather to cool off a little….

No comments:

Post a Comment