Saturday, September 22, 2012

Collegiate Doggy-Wear

Do you remember these super cute pups modeling for me on opening day of college football?

dw1

They looked so good in their University of Georgia Doggy-Wear, and I thought I would show you how I whipped these up for the girls just in time for game day.

dw2

I started by cutting out some UGA “G”s from some wash cloths I had in our guest bath downstairs. 

dw3

Then I took some fabric I had left over from my UGA wreath and sewed it, right-sides-together, in a triangular shape.  I just eye-balled the size, there was no rhyme or reason to my measurements.

dw4

I turned the fabric right side out through a small hole I left in the top corner.  Then I sewed on the red “G”. 

dw5

I folded over the top edge and sewed it down, leaving enough room to slide a collar through.  Then I trimmed off the edges.

dw6

Hubs hates when I do anything “girly” for the dogs, but I just couldn’t help putting a subtle bow on their game-day clothes.  I figured they would only wear it on game-days so it wouldn’t hurt anyone. Be right back

dw7 

Finally, I slid their collars through and they fit the girls perfectly!  I think they look great, and they only took me about 30 minutes to make the both of them.

dw8

And the added bonus is that I think the girls really like them!

dw9

No comments:

Post a Comment